Hello Fall! It’s time to get on the #OvenRoastedTomatoes! Our Roma #tomatoes surged the last few weeks and the first batch of 50 🍅 are ready for brining and roasting. Super super easy and fills the house with those end of #summer smells!
20 firm ripe Romas
1/4 cup olive oil
2 tbs balsamic vinegar
2 tbs finely chopped parsley (can also use basil 🌿)
Coarse or sea salt
Freshly ground pepper .
*Scale brine recipe to quantity .
1. Trim the stems off of the Romas and quarter lengthwise and remove and discard seeds. Place in large non-metallic bowl and add olive oil, vinegar, parsley to form brine, mixing well. Season with sea 🌊 salt and pepper. Cover bowl and allow to marinate in refrigerator min 2-3 hours.
2. Preheat oven to 200F (95C)
3. Place tomatoes 🍅 in a single layer on non-stick baking sheets (*if you scale to quantity use multiple baking sheets)
4. Bake for 16-20 hours (10-12 for more tender roast). Ideally the best time to place them in the oven is 7P and bake throughout the night. Your house will smell like an Italian kitchen 🇮🇹 and you will have plump juicy intensely flavorful tomatoes 🍅 greeting you in the morning.
5. Cool completely before storing. Place dried tomatoes 🍅 in sterilized glass jars or quart sized freezer storage bags. Pour additional olive oil over to cover and seal tightly. Store in refrigerator 2-3 weeks or freeze in bags 3-6 months until the spring 🌿